Technical Tips: Air Compressors
If this section doesn't quite address what you want to know, feel free to email us or call us at any of our three, convenient locations for assistance. Our expert staff and technicians welcome the opportunity to help you keep your system operating at peak performance.
To keep air-cooled rotary screw compressors from shutting down on high temperature ...
- Coolant – Use the proper coolant.
- Coolant Level – Maintain the appropriate coolant level.
- Restrictions – Make sure there are no air restrictions on the intake cooling air.
- Coolers – Keep your oil coolers and aftercoolers clean.
- Cleanliness – Have your coolers cleaned at least twice a year. Try to schedule it so one of the cleanings is done right before summer.
- Temperature – Make sure discharge temperature is within normal range - 175° F to 200° F